Internship / Co-op Opportunities
Kuhn North America is a market leader in the agricultural and industrial equipment industry. We are searching for motivated students who are passionate about agriculture and manufacturing and thrive on the challenge of growth opportunities at our Brodhead, WI headquarters in the following areas:
- Aftermarket Parts Operations Internship – Parts distribution encompasses many job duties beyond simply shipping parts. This position will work within the group to gain a better understanding of the complete process involved, from planning and receiving spare parts inventory to shipping and invoicing. Potential projects include analyzing inventory stocking locations to seek out possible improvements and evaluation of inventory turns and timing for seasonal items. Enrollment in an agribusiness, business management, or supply chain degree program is required and ag. background is a plus.
- Ag Business Explorer Intern – Specially designed for ag business students early in your college career, to help you explore the various careers in this field. This opportunity will allow you to sample work experience for one month in three of the following areas: Sales Support, Product Support, Product Management, Marketing Communications, and Dealer Development.
- Ag Engineering Explorer Internship – Specially designed for ag engineering or ag engineering technology students early in your college career, to help you explore the various careers in this field. This opportunity will allow you to sample work experience in three of the following areas: Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Evaluation, Product Support, and Product Management.
- Design Engineer Co-op – This position is responsible for design and development of components and subsystems based on customer needs, manufacturability, safety, and cost, including development and maintenance of BOMs for new and existing assemblies and products. Proficiency in CAD (Pro-E Creo) and knowledge of steel fabrication, welding, and machining is preferred. A farm background is preferred. Current enrollment in an agricultural/mechanical engineering degree program is required.
- Manufacturing Engineer Co-op – In this position, you will have the opportunity to drive continuous improvement in KUHN manufacturing operations and establish and maintain safe and efficient production processes with the objective of reducing cost while improving quality and performance. Potential projects include plant flow/layout improvement, process review/optimization, fixture design, process documentation, ECN review, etc. Current enrollment in an agricultural, manufacturing, industrial engineering/technology, or mechanical engineering/technology degree program is required.
- Marketing Communications (Co-op or internship opportunity available) – The Marketing Communications experience will focus on content development for various internal and external communications pieces, including our website, product literature, newsletters, and with emphasis on social media. There will be opportunities to work closely with our photo/video production team, go on shoots, and help create photo and video content for use on our social channels. There will also be opportunities to participate in other varied Marketing activities including advertising, promotion, graphic design, communication and creative writing in a team atmosphere. Enrollment in a life science communication, ag business, or marketing degree program is required with farm background a strong plus. Good application knowledge in desktop publishing and experience in word processing (Word), spreadsheet applications (Excel), and presentations (PowerPoint) is preferred. Experience and application knowledge with Adobe software, specifically InDesign and Photoshop, a plus.
- Photo/Video Production (Co-op or internship opportunity available) – The Photo/Video Production position will focus on all aspects of product photo/video production, including storyboard and content development, editing, photo/video shoots, and interviewing, while leading projects to completion. There will also be opportunities to work directly with our communications team to create and implement photo and video content for our social media channels and other promotional programs. Enrollment in a Life Science Communication, Media Studies, Visual Communication, or marketing degree program is required. Photo/ video shooting experience with DSLR camera is required, knowledge and experience with drone operation for photo/video shooting a plus. Experience and application knowledge with Adobe software, specifically Premiere and Photoshop is required, experience with After Effects and InDesign a plus.
- Product Evaluation (Co-op or internship opportunities available) – The student performs various product performance evaluation and testing activities, including KUHN/KUHN Knight products, competitive product benchmarking and new R& D projects in the field and lab environments. Current enrollment in an agricultural/mechanical engineering or agricultural engineering technology degree program is required. Knowledge of material spreading, mixing and hay tool technology is preferred. Knowledge and experience in the areas of farm equipment engineering, testing, mechanics/repair, electricity, hydraulics, and welding is also preferred.
- Product Management (Co-op or internship opportunity available) – The Product Management Co-op/Intern is part of the Product Management team, which is responsible for the management of product life cycles of current products, the analysis of future business opportunities involving new products, development and delivery of product training, and serving as the Company product expert on select lines. The position will focus on developing training program materials, market and competitive research, machine set-up and preparation for demonstration and new product introduction, and assisting with field evaluations. Enrollment in an ag business or ag/mechanical engineering program is required. Application knowledge and experience in word processing (Word), spreadsheet applications (Excel), database management (Lotus Notes), presentation software (PPT), Internet, and e-mail is preferred.
- Product Support (Co-op or internship opportunity available) – This position provides after sale service support for customers and dealers and product development support for engineering, testing, and prototype through feedback from end users. On a daily basis, the individual assists in providing responses to customer inquiries and solves service issues via telephone. Providing technical assistance for dealer training and trade shows and troubleshooting/repair of products at customer location requires occasional travel. Current enrollment in an ag/mechanical engineering or ag engineering technology degree program is required. The position requires knowledge and skills in the areas of customer service, mechanics/repair, electricity, hydraulics, welding, and torch cutting.
- Sales Support Co-op – This opportunity will allow you to work side-by-side with a Sales Support Specialist in our Sales Support department to experience technical sales support and the order management process from forecasting through ready to ship (including forecasting, order management, manufacturing/production communication, dealer interaction, product knowledge, truck mount/industrial projects and administrative support activities). Enrollment in an agribusiness or agricultural engineering/systems technology program is required with farm background a strong plus. Good application knowledge and experience in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, Internet & e-mail is preferred.
- Tooling Design Engineer Co-op – This position is responsible for design of reliable, accurate, and user-friendly welding, machining, and assembly fixtures based on manufacturing requirements. Proficiency in CAD (Pro-E Creo) and some knowledge of steel fabrication, welding, machining, and tooling design or manufacturing engineering is preferred. Current enrollment in a manufacturing/mechanical engineering/technology degree program is required.
If you are interested in one of these internship or co-op opportunities, please send your resume to:
Kuhn North America, Inc.
PO Box 167
Fax: (608) 897-2135