The Optidisc® Cutterbar: A Clean and Consistent Cut
Differential Disc Spacing
- Less Distance for a Clean Cut: Narrower spacing at diverging discs provides greater knife overlap, which results in a clean cut, even when the grass is short or light.
- More Distance for Easy Crop Passage: Wider spacing (2) at converging discs provides more space for the crop to pass. Cut crop is quickly carried away from the cutting area, greatly improving the cut quality.
Standard Fast-Fit® Knives
Protectadrive® Disc Bearing Stations
- Protectadrive® Safety: Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
- Extra Rigidity Where it Counts: Disc bearing stations are attached by bolts that pass through the entire cutterbar. This is an exceptionally strong and secure attachment with no risk of mount being torn out of the cutterbar in case of shocks. The disc drive pinion is held precisely in place, all resulting in excellent reliability and reduced maintenance costs.
- Gear-to-Gear Power Transmission: Gear-to-gear power transmission, a staple of all KUHN disc mowers, allows for maximum power to be transferred through all gears in the cutterbar. Unlike other gear cutterbars, equal sized gears throughout reduces torque on the gear teeth and leads to unsurpassed reliability and longevity.
Adapts to Various Terrain
Constant Float Suspension
Adjustments to this system are very simple. Simply tighten or loosen the springs on each side to reduce or increase ground pressure and improve flotation.
Simple Design and Easy Service
Narrow Transport Design
Direct, Center Drive Design
The gearbox drives the central discs of the cutterbar, reducing stress on the cutting unit. The two drums separate the crop flow to form two swaths, if desired, or a wide, 13’1”, continuous swath can be formed for maximum drying.
Convenient Height Adjustment
Steel Side Sheets
High-Lift Skids Shoes
|GMD 5251 TC||GMD 5251 TC (NARROW TRANSPORT)|
Customer Spotlight: GMD 51 TC
Kenneth Trapp Jr. Tifton and hay producerRead this review
"It’s big! The GMD 5251 TC is very well designed and the construction is second to none. We travel a lot between locations and safety is a primary concern, so the ability to transport in-line is something I’ve been waiting for," stated Trapp, "This was a top selling point. It’s very well engineered. Transition in either direction is quick and easy. It also opened up space in our equipment barn."