The Optidisc® Cutterbar: A Clean and Consistent Cut
Differential Disc Spacing
- Less Distance for a Clean Cut - Narrower spacing at diverging discs provides greater knife overlap, which results in a clean cut, even when the grass is short or light.
- More Distance for Easy Crop Passage - Wider spacing (2) at converging discs provides more space for the crop to pass. Cut crop is quickly carried away from the cutting area, greatly improving the cut quality.
High-Lift Discs and Fast-Fit® Kit
The Fast-Fit® quick-release knife system allows an operator to rapidly change out cutting knives with the use of a simple tool, yet still retain optimum cut quality and knife life. With Fast-Fit, an operator can achieve up to 50% time savings over a standard system.
Maintenance-Free Drive Shaft
Protectadrive® Disc Bearing Stations
- Protectadrive® Safety - Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
- Extra Rigidity Where it Counts - Disc bearing stations are attached by bolts that pass through the entire cutterbar. This is an exceptionally strong and secure attachment with no risk of mount being torn out of the cutterbar in case of shocks. The disc drive pinion is held precisely in place, all resulting in excellent reliability and reduced maintenance costs.
- Gear-to-Gear Power Transmission - Gear-to-gear power transmission, a staple of all KUHN disc mowers, allows for maximum power to be transferred through all gears in the cutterbar. Unlike other gear cutterbars, equal sized gears throughout reduces torque on the gear teeth and leads to unsurpassed reliability and longevity.
Rugged Build & Exceptional Terrain Following
High-Strength Steel Frame
Heavy-Duty Main Gearbox
Constant Float® Suspension
Gyrodine® Swivel Hitch
DigiDry® Finger Conditioner
Diamond Block® Conditioning
DoubleCrimp™ Steel Roller
CV Secondary PTO Shaft
Plastic Rock Guards
High-Lift Skids Shoes
1000 RPM Drive
|FC 2860 TLD||FC 2860 TLR||FC 2860 TLS||FC 3160 TLD||FC 3160 TLR||FC 3160 TLS||FC 3560 TLD||FC 3560 TLR||FC 3560 TLS|
Customer Spotlight: FC 60 TL
Ronnie Layes FarmerRead this review
"What really impressed him, though, is the fact he’s been able to put up his hay two days quicker with his new mower conditioner. If he cuts in the morning, it’ll be ready to bale the day after next thanks to the FC 3160’s fast, clean mowing of heavy grasses with consistent effective conditioning and quicker drydown."
Chad Carpenter FarmerRead this review
"I had a mower, but wanted a more reliable one and after testing a couple I went with KUHN (FC 3560 TLD) because they are well-built. The old mower will be used in old pasture land, and the shiny, new one in the farm’s prime fields."